The Kumar Group’s first initiatives in plant biotech date as far back as 1992.
However, it was in the year 1997 that we established ourselves in earnest, following a tie-up with Florist Holland of the Netherlands.
The new venture was an Indian leader in broad-based floriculture for the domestic and export markets.
We were the first to provide in-depth, end-to-end solutions to the grower, starting a tradition of service that continues to this day. The company’s core strength is the strong associations we have thus formed with our buyers.
We believe it is this value that has helped make KF Bioplants the number one supplier of floriculture planting material in the country.
KF Bioplants is part of the Kumar Group, one of India’s most experienced and respected names in commercial development, infrastructure and realty.
From its inception in 1966, the Kumar group has had a reputation for fine, environmentally aware space design, particularly in its residential projects .
Thus it was natural for us to diversify into ‘the forging of natural beauty’ – agri biotechnology.
Establishment of our Pilot Lab as Kumar Gen-Tech & Tissue Culture Pvt. Ltd.
- Inception of Kumar Florist Gerberas Pvt. Ltd. (a Joint Venture between KGTC & Florist De Kwakel b.v.)
- The company is formally established as KF Bioplants Pvt. Ltd. , with an extensive facility and enhanced product range.
- KF Bioplants becomes the first company to introduce TC derived minituber seed potato in India
- Fully automated greenhouse of over 14000 sq m is inaugurated
- Added a state-of-art TC lab of about 3000sq m
- Holland award
- ISO Certificate
- Added another greenhouse of about 21,600sq m
- Join hands with Floricultura b. v. for Phalaenopsis plant production
- KF started yearly blood donation camp
- In-house medical facility
- An Open Day for farmers an unique concept of displaying new varieties & products
- Double Haploid program for vegetable seeds commenced.
- Newsletter to update farmers on activities happening in KF
- Launch of our Pot plants range
- Strawberry planting material supply started
- Established the state-of-art plant TC lab 3200sq m “Futura Bioplants Pvt. Ltd.”which is joint venture of KF Bioplants & Floricultura b.v., Netherlands for production of 17-20 million Phalaenopsis plants
A Global Footprint
We produce approximately 35 million plants per annum, covering a gamut of varieties and sub variants. More than 65% of these are exported to over 25 countries around the world. These include The Netherlands, Australia, Japan, South Korea, China Israel, U.A.E., Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Nepal and the USA.
Serving our Markets
Ninety percent of India's floriculture market uses our planting material in some form. Growers receive not just support, but complete end-to-end solutions - from planting to sales. Our field staff cover the length and breadth of the country, providing expertise and technical assistance at every stage. Farmers are provided on-line assistance as well, comprising of guidance on cultivation practices, fertigation programs, plant protection measures, post-harvest management and marketing of flowers.